Monday, January 31, 2011

Day 30 and all the jeans fit...

I'm sorry I haven't blogged about the trip home, I stayed true to the diet, it wasn't easy.  I really saw where my eating habits started, to be fair to my Mom we do eat really healthy and she always had a veggie and a meat for us, but we were grain heavy and it made this trip home challenging.

My flight was 7 hours late yesterday, this led to a very difficult day 30, very difficult.  I did make it without cheating, but the time I was going to use to shop and prep for today was out the window.  Thank God for freezing my leftovers, today I had more chili and lots of eggs!  LOL!

The jeans really do fit, I just tried on my last pair, I'll take some pictures this weekend.  I am so beat right now that I just want to blog quick and go to bed, so that I can get up and continue living this way.

Here is my post on the Whole 30 from today, it sums stuff up nicely


Day 30 -
Long Post Warning***
Yesterday was the hardest day, I thought I had planned, I had two snacks and a meal with me, but then it happened…I was stuck in an airport, not just any airport, the airport in Pasco, Washington. Little doesn’t describe it well. The airline ordered us pizza’s, we were stuck for 7 hours. Thank goodness that the snack bar had a ‘Washington’ food section and there I found an 10 oz bag of no sugar added, cashew, pistachio, almond, dried cherry mix that cost $10, it was worth it. I made it! I will go over-prepared for now on. :)
Day 30
Stats:
Start Weight 156
Start Pants size 10/33
30 Day weight 140
30 Day pants size 8 (some 6s) / 29
The true victories:
I haven’t slept soundly for at least 3 years and I’ve had recurring nightmares since childhood, I never wake up hungry, I hate going to bed at night. As you can see I have sleep problems. Day 10 slept through the night, by Day 15 I was waking up hungry, I don’t always eat something, but waking up hungry is a start and a goal of mine is to eat breakfast everyday in Feb.
I look forward to going to bed now, I don’t have nightmares, I feel full and not anxious at night. I really believe my nightmares and therefor my anxiety about sleeping was caused by sugar binges late at night. I think this made my brain more active and with my imagination it was a bad combo and became a really horrible cycle. Afraid of sleeping, eat sugar to stay awake, fall asleep, dream horrible, wake up panic stricken and in a sweat, repeat for the last 20 years of my life.
I’m not sure thank-you covers this – Dallas and Melissa from the bottom of my heart – THANK-YOU!
Fellow participants – THANK-YOU – I used your recipes, your encouragement, your struggles to do this and without you I am certain I would not have done it.
Melicious – Your blog rocks! Your recipes are awesome and fun and your joy shows through in every word you write, continue to rock!
Heidi – your story completely inspired me.
As Wayno said earlier this isn’t the end it really is the beginning and tomorrow will be day 31 and so forth.

No comments:

Post a Comment